Macintosh Client drops out

I am running Retrospect 6.0.206 on a windows 2000 box.

I have a nightly EasyScript which backs up a collection of 8 Windows and Macintosh clients. All the Mac clients are version 5.0.540 .

One of the Mac clients is giving me problems. Most of the time the backups run normally, but about 1 day out of 3 the backup fails with the log message

"Can't access backup client Jabberwock, error -530 (backup client not found)"

If I do a Configure : Clients in the morning, the dialog says that Jabberwock is not connected; the refresh button gives the error -530 message.

I can ping the client from a command window.

Rebooting the client fixes the problem.

This client has a fixed IP address, and I have set up the client access by giving the nmeric IP.

Is there any way to reset the client short of rebooting the whole macintish?

Does this problem match any known bugs?

• 2 months later...

I'm having a similar problem as the one reported by "dfg at Olin" last November. All of a sudden, on April 20, the client on my OS X machine stopped working with Windows 6.0. I had no problems previous to this. I've reinstalled the software on the Mac at least twice, I can ping easily in both directions, but I cannot, for the life of me, get the Windows box to see the client on the Mac. The client has never turned itself off either. I did upgrade to 10.2.6 recently, but this was after Retrospect stopped working. Thoughts, anyone? Thanks.

Archived