Airport Based Clients on Workgroup

I have two of my clients conencted via an airport. Retrospect Workgroup cannot see them.

My system is as follows:

Backup Machine : OSX : OS 10.1.3 : SCSI Based SDT DAT drive : Connected via Ethernet

Client : Mac OS 9.2.2 running AppleTalk : Connected via Ethernet

Client : Mac OSX : OS 10.1.3 : connected via Airport [NOT VISIBLE]

Client : Mac OSX : OS 10.1.3 : connected via Airport [NOT VISIBLE]

Client : Win98 : connected via Ethernet

The network configuration is as follows:

BackUpMachine <--> SMB Barricade Router/Firewall <--> Airport <--> Mac OSX Client

9.2.2 Client <--> SMB Barricade Router/Firewall <--> Airport <--> Mac OSX Client

Win98 Client <--> SMB Barricade Router/Firewall

How do I configure the clients, airport of Retrospect to see clients connected via an Airport?

Thank you,

Waterstreet

Thank you to the HenryB at the Apple BBS for this answer which solved this issue.

--->Discussions > Mac OS X > Mac OS X > Using Technologies > AirPort > Airport for Macintosh > Can't see Airport Connected OSX Machines <----

I have a SOHO network running, comprised of 3 Win98 Machines (YECH!), 1 Mac OS 9.2.2 machine and 3 OSX 10.1.3 machines. Two of the Mac OSX machines are connected via airport ... all machines are connected via an SMC 8 port Barricade (Including the Airport - graphite). There is also a DSL connection on the Barricade.

I can see Internet from all machines, all machines can see the wired OSX machine, but the wired OSX machines CANNOT SEE the airport connect OSX laptops.

I've tried mucking with the airport setup with various effects, none of them allowing me to mount drives or see the retrospect 5.x clients running on the airport connect laptops.

HELP!

Messages 3 - 4 of 4    Previous | View All Post Message

Henry B. JTS: Can't see Airport Connected OSX Machines

(msg # 2.: Posted Mar 30, 02 4:07 pm)

Since you are using an older "graphite" Airport Base Station, remember to use the Airport Admin Utility to enable "Airport to ethernet bridging" (look under the Network tab). Without doing so, the ABS will do what it is supposed to - block outside attempts at accessing wireless-connected Macs. While you are at it I suggest you disable "Distribute IP addresses" - this will turn your ABS into a simple wireless bridge device, which is really all you need. Your Barricade should perform the DHCP server and routing functions for the entire network of both wired and wireless clients.

--->Discussions > Mac OS X > Mac OS X > Using Technologies > AirPort > Airport for Macintosh > Can't see Airport Connected OSX Machines <----

Archived