Installing Retrospect 5.0 over beta version 2

For those who beta-tested Retrospect 5.0 (Beta versions 1 and 2), do we need to delete any files before installing the release-version of Retrospect 5? If so, which files and where can they be found? Can we use our backups from the beta with the release-version?

Thanks.

In reply to:

For those who beta-tested Retrospect 5.0 (Beta versions 1 and 2), do we need to delete any files before installing the release-version of Retrospect 5? If so, which files and where can they be found?

Go to

ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/updates/preview_uninstall.sit

and download the Preview uninstaller - I gather this is very important.

In reply to:

Can we use our backups from the beta with the release-version?

Don't know about that; I found the beta so unusably buggy I wouldn't dare use the one backup set I managed to complete.

Evan Evanson

I understand the Preview uninstaller is for the Preview, which was identical to beta version 1. I have beta version 2 installed on my system. Will the Preview uninstaller work for that version? I know for sure that certain files installed in the Preview version were installed in different locations for beta version 2, so I doubt the Preview uninstaller would properly work on beta 2.

I look forward to further replies; perhaps someone on the Dantz beta team can inform me!

Anthony M. Kassir, MD

Archived