Retrospect 6.0 Pro Trial won't run

fjb4

I recently downloaded the trial version of Retrospect 6.0 Professional for Windows. I installed it and rebooted per the instructions. Everything seemed to go smoothly. However, when I try to run it, the Retrospect splash screen briefly appears and then disappears but the program never starts. I've tried running it repeatedly with the same results.

For what it's worth, the ReportsWatcher program does run properly.

I'm running Windows XP Professional with the latest updates.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Try uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling.

Try disabling any non-Microsoft processes and startup items by going to Start > Run and typing msconfig.

In the System Configuration Utility, go to Services and hide all Microsoft Services. Disable all others. Repeat for Startup. Reboot and try to launch.

If still no success:

1) Uninstall Retrospect using the Remove function in Add/Remove Programs

2) Reboot.

3) Go to your Program Files folder, find the Dantz folder, and open it. If there is only one item in it named "Retrospect", then go up one level, and put the Dantz folder into the Recycle bin. If you have other Dantz products installed, simply put the Retrospect folder into the Recycle bin. Empty the Recycle bin.

4) Open the registry editor, by typing "regedit" into the Run prompt (under the Start menu).

5) Search for "Dantz", and delete all entries you find. After your first search, you can type F3, to "Find Again" on "Dantz", to help make the process quicker.

6) Go back to the top of the registry, and search for "Retro", deleting any entries you may find.

7) Reboot

8) Install Retrospect

Archived