Crashes lose all work since last quit

5.0 just crashed on me when trying to define a subvolume (I had already defined two other subvolumes on the same client).

I had been busy creating new scripts, and of course everything I've done since the last application launch was lost. This is no different from previous versions, but it irritates the hell out of me that I've got to quit Retrospect every time I define new scripts to save them in case it crashes.

This is the first crash of 5.0 for me, but I've only been running it for a day and a half so far. That doesn't look any better than 4.3 which crashed far too frequently for a backup system.

UPDATE:

This is a "Hard" crash. I am trying to define a subvolume inside the "Documents and Settings" folder on a Win2K client. Every time I double-click a user's directory inside the "Documents and Settings" folder when trying to define a subvolume, Retrospect crashes.

I really don't need to back up every user in there - several are just test users with junk in them. All I really need is the desktop of one particular user. But I can't get there because Retrospect crashes when I'm trying to drill down to it in the SubVolume definition window.

But... at least I was smart enough to quit and re-launch right before I tried that this time!

Archived