Defer start of server script?

I can't find any way to defer the start of a Server script. I'm trying to integrate my 2-week rotation schedule in with daily stuff, but there's no way to tell a server script to wait until such a date and such a time to start. I can do this manually if I go and create/activate a server script at the end of each day, but I've got an awful lot of scripts to do that with for the next two weeks.

Not quite sure I understand wht you are asking here, so sorry if this doesn't help you.

In the options for your script, you can tell Backup Server when to be active. If you have more than one script, you can set a global schedule from Special: Preferences: Schedule. This affects all scripts (Backup Server and regular Backup).

What I was wanting to do was to set a set of 5 staggered server scripts to backup once every 7 days, one for each weekday, to get a weekly 'rotation' of backups to storage sets on hard drives.

But backup server and scripting is pretty weak - it is for daily incrmental backups only. It fails to meet my needs, so nevermind.

When I was reading the documentation it claimed that server scripts were 'very similar' to regular scripts except that they could be groomed and triggered by the backup server. But they lack media recycling options, they lack start deferrence options, they lack any features I need to build a rotation of backups. Please stick that in your features request database - to make server scripts powerful enough to use them in conjunction with rotations of backups.

Archived