client version

Tom_Roth

I just downloaded the latest Mac client from Dantz.com and if I run the installer on a Mac it installs client version 5.0.236. If I use the updater that came with the download and from within Retrospect 6 (for Windows) use the update client feature, it updates the Mac client to version 5.0.238. Why the difference? What is the difference between the two versions?

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to stir the pot on client versions. Where do I I look to find out what the recommended client versions are for the different platforms? How can I tell what client versions are included in the client_60.exe file which can be downloaded from the support site? The 'Retrospect Clients Read Me' file which comes the the update does not seem to contain any specific version information.

The only publicly released version of the Retrospect client is 6.0.110. Should there be a change; the version number will be listed on the updates site.

We always recommend updating any client or application to the newest version available on our website. The updates page separates updates by platform and by application version number.

http://www.dantz.com/support/updates.html

Archived