Linux client and not Multi-server?

bk2w

Is it possible to get the Linux client and use it with the Professional version of Retrospect?

I'm trying to set up a home backup system to backup 2 Linux boxes, a Win2k box and a MacOSX box. Multi-Server is massive overkill, and far too expensive for a home user to consider, as is Single-Server, but I'd love to be able to use the Linux client with the more limited versions of Retrospect.

-brian

• 2 weeks later...
Guest psykoyiko

Dantz does not allow the use of the linux client with anything other than the Multi Server version of Retrospect. This is because the Linux is considered a server operating system by Dantz, and only Multi Server can backup servers as clients.

You're other option is to have the Linux machines export their drives via Samba and back them up that way. This of course will not provide the same type of backup that the client provides, but it will get you something.

Good Luck!

Yes it is possible to use a non Multi-Server version of Retrospect with the Linux Client ... all you need is a suitable Licence Code. Unfortunately Dantz doesn't appear to be selling the Linux Client Licence Codes separately.

Sure would be nice to be able to backup my SOHO Linux Server, without having to go as far as the Multi-Server version.

Archived