Backup to same set from different scripts?

awnews

I recently made a suggestion regarding allowing two different selector setups for a script, one for a Recycle backup and one for a Normal backup. My reasons are explained in that post. The current RP6 script architecture makes this impossible and it may be awkward to change.

So I had a question. Is it possible to configure two+ *different* backups scripts to use the *same* backup set (File or Disk backup set)? That would give me the freedom to set up different selectors for Recycle (All Files) and Normal (All Except Cache files + some other stuff) and would be limited work around.

The issue would still be that, when restoring from a (All Except...) Normal backup session, that some large/special files saved by the (All Files) Recycle session wouldn't be automatically restored since they're excluded from the Normal sessions. I'd have to restore those large/special files manually from the Recycle session as an second step.

The other way I could think to do this now (with the same manual restore step required) is to create an (All Files) Recycle backup as one set updated weekly/monthly/etc. and a separate but updated nightly (All Except...) Normal backup in another set.

Archived