error 112

Conklin

I've tried to install the trial version of Retrospect 6.0 professional today. It installed easy enough. But I haven't been able to back up a single thing in over 6 hours now. When I press the "backup" button, the screen to confirm my backup set comes up, I confirm it, nothing happens for 10 seconds, then it says "erasing all data?" I say "yes", though the CD is fresh and never been in a CD writer before. It churns for about 10 more seconds, and then gives me the error 112 (can't erase/or format CD). In the process the CDs are made unusable for any other piece of software too--9 lost so far. And, FYI, I've followed the directions and have never pre-formatted the CD.

I've had this computer and internal burner for 6 months. It's a Dell Pentium 4 2GIGHz, 512 RAM, Windows XP, 120 GIG hard drive. The CD Drive is a LITE-ON LTR-24102M. Your list of supported devices includes this.

Also, I do have Roxio CD Creator #5 installed. I've stopped it from loading by removing it from start up folder and also through the msconfig program to eliminate it and all other possible progams that might be interferring. Frankly I"m baffled. Would love to buy this software and recommend it to two other people and a small business who need good backup software.

On some occasions, it get all the way to the point of looking like it's actually backing up files. 3-7 or so file names go by and it looks like it will work, but then the drive door opens, and cd comes out, and the error is 100 (device rejected command).

Can we get it working or is it time to look elsewhere?

The minimum requirements for this drive are as follows:

Retrospect 6.0

Retrospect Driver Update 3.5.103 Updatescolor=blue>

Firmware 4DS7

Make sure you have all the latest versions. To check your current firmware version, go to Configure > Devices > Environment. The number in the version column will show the firmware version for your drive. http://www.liteonit.com for firmware updates

Archived