New Retrospect Driver Update

Retrospect Driver Update for Retrospect 5.0 (Mac) version 3.3.104

New Drive Support Since Last Release

Dell PowerVault 122T LTO Autoloader

EZQuest Boa 52x24x52 FireWire Ext. (LTR-52246S version)

LaCie d2 AIT-1 U&I FireWire

LaCie d2 AIT-1 U&I USB2.0

LaCie d2 AIT-2 U&I FireWire

LaCie d2 AIT-2 U&I USB2.0

OnStream ADR2.60usb

OnStream ADR2.60se

OnStream ADR2.60si

OnStream ADR2.120se

OnStream ADR2.120si

OnStream ADR2.240sr

Panasonic DDS Backup Library LKM-SD21

Sony LIB-304/A2

Sony AITe90-UL

This update is available for download from:

ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/updates/rdu33.sit

The question is about Retrospect. You can choose not to answer, but evading the question is not helpful. Please don't pretend that posting a link to Exabyte is an answer. Here is a quote from the page you linked:

"Data will be written in VXA-1 format if...Your backup application sends a Mode Select command to choose VXA-1 format. ...your backup application may still choose to override the default drive behavior and write in VXA-1 format. Your backup application may or may not provide you with a method of choosing the desired tape format."

So, does Retrospect now support in the VXA-2 format?

Jack

In reply to:

So, does Retrospect now support in the VXA-2 format?

Retrospect has supported the VXA-2 drive/VXA-2 format since October. There are, however, no controls in the software to change the format of your tapes. If you are using VXA-1 tapes, and not seeing the VXA-2 capacity, you'll need to follow the steps outlined on the Exabyte site to change the format of the tape.

Thanks for your response.

You might consider posting your reply to the thread here in this same forum, where this question has gone unanswered since October, especially since this thread will vanish with the next driver update. (The last driver update post being where I posted this same question previously, with no response, before that thread was replaced by this thread.)

Here is the thread I am referring to:

http://forums.dantz.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=MacDevices&Number=13355&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all

Jack

Archived