1017 Errors

barnard

I am having the same problem described by others, using Retrospect 6 under XP Pro. Scripts that backup Novell netware drives simply do not complete when Retrospect is not running. I am the only one using this computer. I always login under the same name. All network drives are visible. I have followed all the instructions about stopping and starting the service, entering my login name and pw, etc, rebooting.... Everything suggested, but the script will only run when Retrospect is already running. Otherwise, I get this message:

"Can't access volume MAIL on Staff on Athena, error -1017 (insufficient permissions)"

Scripts that simply backup local drives seem to run fine.

Please do not simply reprint the material from the knowledge base about the RetroLauncher service. It seems to be configured properly to run automatically under my XP User Name and pw. (The account appears as ".\MyFName MyLName")

What can be done to fix this?

Setting the pw in the Configure...volume properties worked once, but then when I replayed the script 5 minutes later, it failed with another 1017 error. (In addition, I get screen redraw errors and the program fails to close properly, but that's another subject!) This is very frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...

When Retrospect autolaunches, the program uses the permissions allowed by Windows for the user name/password combination specified in the launcher service. If the user name/password combination you are using still do not allow proper access to the share, you may need to check the allowed permissions.

In reply to:

I get screen redraw errors

This is a known issue in some configurations when changing the launcher service in WinXP. We are actively investigating this issue.

Archived