Sony AIT SDX-500c

This is probably more of an upgrade path question than a hardware compatibility question, but I'm not exactly sure...

I have Retrospect Desktop 4.3 for the Mac, running on a Macintosh Server G4 w/ OS 9.1. My Retrospect version has both the extensions and the 2.5 driver updater, and I'm trying to get it to play well with a new Sony SDX-500c AIT tape drive. Thus far it isn't recognizing the tape drive.

I've read this:

http://dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=compatibility_list_detail&id=7825

..which states that Desktop 4.1 w/ ADk 1.6 is the known supported combination.

Does this mean I literally need to drop back a few versions to 4.1, or am I on the wrong track here? Would I be better off getting for the Retrospect 5.0 Desktop upgrade? Or is this more of a SCSI card / hardware issue that I'm missing?

-bhance

The Retrospect Driver Update and the Advanced Driver Kit were two different driver packages. The RDU's have traditionally been free, while the ADK was a purchased based on the advanced engineering in the past. With Retrospect 5.0, we no longer require any additional driver purchases for devices supported with the proper edition (eg: Express, Desktop, Workgroup, Server). Your best bet is to upgrade to 5.0. The minimum required version will be the Desktop version.

• 3 weeks later...

How does the Apple System Profiler report the device and the loader? They will be listed seperately.

Which version of Retrospect are you using?

If you go to Configure > Devices > Device Status, are either drives listed? If so, list Vendor, Product and Version for both.

Archived