I noticed that the LaCie compatibility list has literally *JUMPED OVER* the 24X10X40 U&I to support many later drives in the latest update to the LaCie part of this list.

I, and others, have been pretty vocal about needing support for the 24X10X40 drive.

When I purchased the drive, I had been using Dantz for such an incredibly long time that I was too comfortable with the product, and I didn't check the compatibilty list first (my bad).

Has the 24X10X40 proven to be unsupportable?

I have MASSIVE amounts of data to back up (multitrack audio and long-form video) and not enough money to just get another compatible fast drive.

The 24x drives (U&I and SCSI) are still being tested. They have a different internal mechanism then the other drives. The 24x drives utilize a Sanyo mechanism, while the others do not.

We have traditionally not been able to offer support for drives with Sanyo mechanisms, as they did not meet with our standards. After working with the manufacturer for better support, we certainly hope that this will be changed. We won't qualify a drive that doesn't meet our quality standards - if it doesn't perform reliably, it won't be on the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived