Onstream ADR2 120SI Support?

BitPusher

Does anyone know if Retrospect Professional V6 will support an Onstream ADR2 120SI tape drive? I didn't see it listed in the Retrospect "hardware support" section, but the Onstream site claims that Onstream has done preliminary testing. This is an internal SCSI-3 LVD tape drive.

Thank You,

Carl E. Johnson

This drive is in testing and not currently supported. For a list of currently qualified devices, please see:

Hardware Search Enginecolor=blue>

Dantz goes through a rigorous qualification process with every drive we test. This means that not every drive will be qualified and we can never guarantee that a particular device will be supported. Some drives do not get qualified ever, and some take 6 months to a year to get support. We have no way of telling if this drive will be supported or not at this moment.

We add device support often though, so do check back with our Hardware Compatibility list.

Amy,

Thank you for the reply and I appreciate the information. I hope that once Dantz has completed testing of the ADR2 120SI, and should it fail, that there will be a "Not Qualified" entry for it in your "Hardware Compatability List" so that I will know that the testing has been completed even if it failed.

In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to hunt around some more for a drive I liked as much as the ADR2 120SI based upon the capacity/price ratio. My old Conner (Seagate) CTT8000 takes 10 hours to back up my current system and I'm thinking about adding another hard drive.

Thank you again for the reply,

Carl E. Johnson

Hi Carl -

We are definitely looking at ways to improve our device qualification information back out to customers. This drive is actually in testing at this time. While that doesn't guarentee that it will be supported, we've had good luck with Onstream drives, so keep an eye on the Hardware Engine.

Archived