System Restore

gderreck

Hello

As long as I'm abusing everyone's good nature, I'll post one more issue. I save backups to hard drive. Sytem Restore(XP Pro) ran and locked up the system when I closed Restrospect. Dantz said turn off system restore in the partition. OK. System restore has a nasty habit of turning it's self back on in a given partition. Is there a way to permanetly disable system restore in a partition?

Best Regards

Graham

I'm not familiar with any settings in WinXP that will automatically enable System Restore after it has been disabled. You may want to check Microsoft's Knowledgebase. Another possibility is that your computer vendor has some kind of software check system to ensure that safety mechanisms are enabled.

• 5 weeks later...

If you have system restore enabled for at least one partition, and you're using a removable hard drive (e.g. a hard-drive in a removable casing), then WinXP re-enables System Restore for the removable drive every time it's re-attached.

Dantz should just FIX THIS BUG, which has been present since (at least) version 5.6.

Archived