Retro Pro 6.x

rbotsis

Amy/Whomever,

Before I go spending $60 for Retro Pro 6.x, I currently have Retro 5.x Express, I'd like

to ask a question or two:

I have a Philips DVD+RW (model DVD+RW228) with 4.7G available, which I recently installed. I'd like to use Retrospect 6.x as simply as possible for backing up my "C"

drive, which is currently less than 4.7G (I made it that way on purpose), after one excludes the WINXP files that aren't backed up. All I want to do is to backup my "C" drive to the DVD drive, using DUPLICATE, and if I lose my "C" drive be able to BOOT from my DVD drive, crank up Retro 6.x and restore the DVD drives contents to a newly purchased

and installed "C" drive. Is that possible using Retro Pro 6.x?

Also, if I use my DVD drive, to hold the contents of my "C" drive, must I use DVD+R media or can I use DVD+RW media.

If none of the above is possible, what do you suggest?

• 2 weeks later...

Booting from a duplicated drive does not always work successfully. Please see the following Knowledgebase article for more details:

http://www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=kbase&ACTION=KBASE&id=27343

You'd want to determine if the comptuer will see your DVD-R disk as bootable. You can test then by making the DVD-R a bootable DOS disk and setting your BIOS to boot from CD before the hard drive.

Archived