6.X Single Server & Mac client 5.0

tjpile

I'm very sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it in a search.

We recently upgraded to version 6 (Single Server Edition) on a Windows2000 server to accomodate Mac OS X clients for back-up. The Mac OS X machines are running client version 5.0.540. I installed the client on a brand new, out of the box machine after I updated it to OS X 10.2.2. The install went smoothly and I was able to add the client to the list on the server. Now, the machine never fully backs up, it always errors out with a -519 network error. Also, everytime I go to add another client on the server, I notice the OS X machine is faded like it haven't added it to the clients list. I have removed it and added it MANY times, but the same behavior continues. This has been replicated on 3 other OS X machines with clean OS installs. Also, after updating Mac OS 9.X clients to version 5.0.540 of the client software (from version 4.X) I get -519 network errors from them. Has anyone else had similar issues or know of any fixes for this? The Macintosh 4.X clients are running like champs, but the 5.0.540 client on any Macintosh has been giving me problems.

Thanks,

T.J. Pile

• 2 weeks later...

Go to the System Preferences (from the Apple Menu) and click Network. Change the pull-down menu to Show Active Network Ports. Make sure that the port that you wish to use with Retrospect is listed first in this window. If not, you may change the order by dragging the desired item to the top of the list. This may improve stability.

Archived