Simultaneous backup times

awnews

I'd like to get a clarification on what happens when the following backup has two scheduled backups times set for the same time in RP6 and RP5.6 (I assume these behave the same way).

=== Daily (MTWTFSS) Normal Backup to set "My_Backup" at 4AM

=== Recycle Backup to set "My_Backup" at 4AM on 2nd Tues of the month

Does only one of these two happen, and if so, which one (preferably the Recycle)? If both happen, which order do they happen in (what determines the order. Can I control it?)?

I've been forcing the order by scheduling:

--- Recycle for 3:58AM

--- Daily Normal Backup for 4AM

which means on recycle days both schedules for this script execute sequentially, with the second one waiting until the first is complete (although there's probably nothing for the Normal backup to do except store a second snapshot). But if I knew that one would take priority (again, preferably the Recycle) I wouldn't need to do this (and there wouldn't be the delay for a second snapshot).

In reply to:

Does only one of these two happen, and if so, which one (preferably the Recycle)?

Yes, only the Recycle will take place.

Multiple schedules for the same backup set at the same time on the same day are over-ridden in the following order:

New Media

Recycle

Normal

In other words, if a Normal, Recycle and New Media backup were all scheduled to run at 10pm Saturday to Backup Set A, only the New Media would run.

Archived