CD write protect

tomod

I am running windows 2000 professional with Retrospect 6.0.206 and Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.1.0.104. I have been able to sucessfully back up to CD's if Easy CD is not installed. When it is installed, I get a write protected message from Retrospect. I tried the procedure found elsewhere in the forum to disable Easy CD Creator and do not get the options to "disable create CD" or to uncheck "display disc creation options for blank media".

Has anyone else been able to find these or their equivilant in the current release of Easy CD Creator Platinum? I don't want to keep uninstalling Easy CD Creator every time I need to do a backup to CD.

Thanks for your help

I managed to copy msconfig from w98 and that allowed me to disable Easy CD Creator. That did not fix my problem.

I had used the backup to restore my hard drive and when I tried to do another backup to the backup set, I received a message that there were no catalogs. I rebuilt the catalog using my last CD in the backup set and then when I tried to do a backup I received the message that the CD was write protected. How do I unprotect the CD or continue with a backupnusing the backup set? I don't want to start all over.

Thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...

The CD may be damaged. When starting your backup, tell Retrospect that the locked member is unavailable/missing so Retrospect will continue on to the next blank CD. Any data on the member marked as missing will get backed up to the next CD (providing the data is still on the hard drive).

Archived