Maxtor One Button W/v6

tdenbo

I have v6 Pro. I am thinking of getting a Maxtor 5000LE or 3000DV. Since those come with Express, what are my options for using V6 Pro?

Can I have both Express and v6 Pro client on my notebook?

Would it be better to use Express with the One Button feature when I and on the road and V6 Pro client when at home?

Thanks

The Retrospect 6.0 client and the 5.6 Express application can live happily on the same machine.

In reply to:

Would it be better to use Express with the One Button feature when I and on the road and V6 Pro client when at home?

This is a great way to protect your data while travelling. Please note that the Maxtor One Touch sets up a Duplicate, not a backup. You can manually set up Retrospect Express for automatted backups (or manual backups from within Retrospect), but the One-Touch button can only trigger the duplicate script set up through the Maxtor wizard.

Let's see if I understand my options here.

My notebook has 6.0 client. I would like to use the One Button feature to do backups while on the road.

I can do that if I:

* Uninstall 6.0 client and install it in a non default directory

* I get a disk image backup with Express and One Button

Is that correct?

When I get home will I have problems using the One Button box with 6.0?

Hi -

I deleted the previous post as it didn't address your exact question, and I believe, made the answer more confusing.

You can run the 6.0 _client_ and the 5.6 _application_ on the same machine.

The One Touch functionality is compatible _only_ with 5.6 Express. It is not compatible with the 6.0 application.

You can use Retrospect 6.0 to backup to your Maxtor drive with automated scripts, but the one touch functionality will not work.

This combo works well.

I was nervous when installing Retrospect Express 5.6 deleted the start menu entries for Retrospect Client 6.0. They both seem to install in the same directory and work well together. I now have a good backup solution for my notebook while traveling.

Archived