Backup Set failure

Hi,

My backup set spans several DVD disks. Until recently I could retrieve from them perfectly.

Now, one of the disks is corrupted. I can see the disk (sometimes) on the desktop and have even managed to copy the storage file to my desktop.

I can search and restore from all other disk in the set except this one. When I do a disk restore it stop at this disk and then I can't eject the disk from the drive.

In fact, the only way I can get the disk out is to use a paper clip, ejecting it manually.

I have tried run various disk utilities to correct the problem. Nothing works.

I tried coping the storage set from one 5.2 DVD disk to another 5.2 DVD disk but copying adds to the size of the file and it will not fit. Unfortunately my drive doesn't recognize a 9.4g disk

Question: Is there anything I can do to rescue this portion of my backup set?

Is there any way I can restore using the storage set copied to the desktop?

Your best bet is to cut your losses and mark this member as missing. Configure > Backups Sets > Configure (selected set) > Members.

If the data is irreplaceable and much needed, you can try a data recovery shop (such as www.computer-conversions.com). However, this is an expensive option.

Retrospect cannot properly access the data if moved to the desktop. A disk backup set requires mounted, removable media (such as Zip, Jaz, DVD-RAM, etc.).

Archived