10.2 screwed me

I had Retrospect running using an internal Travan tape drive without any problems in 10.1.5 and all earlier systems. Since upgrading to 10.2 my internal travan tape drive can no longer be seen by Retropsect! I read the note that there is a problem with Jaguar and recognition of tape drives- and the suggestion to turn on the drive a few seconds before starting the computer. This doesn't apply to me because mine is an internal drive. I even tried making sure a tape was in the drive when I started the computer with no luck. Is there any solution to this problem? I am running without the ability to do backups and not very happy about it. I realize this may be more an Apple issue than Dantz issue, the result is the same to me. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

No the system profiler does not list the drive. I do not remember checking system profiler with 10.1 but the drive worked flawlessly with Retrospect until I updated to 10.2. What I really would like to know, from Dantz or others, is:

1. Is there a way around this now?

2. Is Apple or Dantz expected to provide an update to allow me to use the drive?

I am quite frustrated right now because I have no backups since updating to 10.2 and potentially could lose all recent data in the event of a drive crash. I may have to resort to removing an external scsi drive from one of my other computers for backkup until this is resolved. The big question to me is whether it is likely to be resolved.

In reply to:

No the system profiler does not list the drive.

If the Apple System Profiler does not see the drive, it is not possible for Retrospect to see the drive.

I would check with the hardware vendor to see if there are any known issues with this drive under OS 10.2.

Archived