Reverting back to 5.6

DaveF

I have a trial copy of Retrospect Professional 6 which will soon expire. At this time I see no advantage to that over my previous Express 5.6. I was interested in the assumed flexibility of the Selectors, but I find I cannot modify them suitably. My question is how do I go about reverting back to 5.6? In the interim, I had d'loaded a trial copy of Desktop but that did not install properly. Then came the Retro Pro. All these went into the same original Dantz folder (I was not given a choice either time). I started out by purchasing Express 5.5 and upgraded to 5.6. There is a Retrospect 6 in the MS Add/Remove section. In the event I do decide NOT to purchase version 6 at this time, should I completely remove all Dantz items? After that, would I proceed to install with my original 5.5 CD and then add the 5.6? Or would I begin with the version 5.6? Of course I am concerned here with the Product License Codes. I would appreciate your guidance on this. I hope it is not too confusing. Thank you. Dave

I'm in same situation here. However the reason why I would like to down grade is that my 6.0 trial has the apparently famous "out of Sync" problem.

So - I tried downgrading. Unsuccessfull! My tape-drive was "lost". The SCSI-controller did see it fine, and the W2K built-in backup utillity ran perfect with the tape. Retrospect 5.6, however, couldn't see it.

Hence currently I'm back on 6.0, malfunctioning, while time is running out....

Bump

DANTZ (Or anybody) - I could sure use some help here. I believe my trial expires Oct. 19 and I don't want to be without the protection...although If something happens where I cannot bring up Windows (as it did recently), I don't know that Retrospect would be much help. At least it gives me very convenient incremental backups. A reply, please??? Thank you. Dave

Amy-Thank you for a response, but it would have been more useful had it been *helpful*. By rereading my original post you will see the subject was "reverting". Nothing about downgrading. I was hoping to avoid possible problems by referring to people who should know their product. As mentioned, I am concerned about the use of license codes. I have one for my original purchase (Express 5.5) and I have one for the free upgrade to 5.6. Is it best to start with 5.6 (which I want to end up with) and use that license code? What are the ramifications of prompts to register, which I already did long ago? Hopefully I can get some expert advice and soon. Thank you. Dave

Archived