5.0205 vs. 5.0236 -- Windows Clients incorrect!

Hi everyone,

I've run into this bug. The backup server is a G4/OS X and I added a Win2K Pro laptop as a client. I called the tech support line was was appalled that I would have to fork over cash to report an obvious bug in the software. After spending a lot of time in the Dantz support area (with no success), I searched the forum and found this thread. It's interesting that I get the error and there are no "finder.dat" files on the target subvolume.

I'm concerned that the version of the client that does work for Windows isn't available on dantz.com. I'm very concerned that there is no official channel to report bugs in the software at dantz.com. If anything, this incident should be included in the knowledge base and the version of the Windows client that works posted.

-RC

A Dantz customer since my Mac IIsi/DiskFit Pro days...

>>I've run into this bug.{snip} It's interesting that I get the error and there are no "finder.dat" files on the target subvolume.

Since this thread is about the issue with Finder.dat files on Windows Clients, what bug are you talking about?

Finder.dat files are normally hidden in Windows. You'll need to configure the OS to display hidden files.

>>I'm concerned that the version of the client that does work for Windows isn't available on dantz.com.

Which version are you referring to?

>>I'm very concerned that there is no official channel to report bugs in the software at dantz.com.

http://www.dantz.com/support/feedback.html has a link for the "Product Feedback" page that has a field asking for the "Problem Description." Sounds like a bug report form to me...

>>If anything, this incident should be included in the knowledge base and the version of the Windows client that works posted.

Searching the knowledge base for "finder.dat" returned http://www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=kbase&ACTION=KBASE&id=27638 that described the problem; there was no mention of a version of the Windows client software that fixes it.

Are you sure you're posting on the right thread?

Dave

• 1 month later...

Archived