Retrospect 5.0 Updated for Jaguar

I was pointed to this updater by Dantz Tech Support after having trouble with clients on OS X 10.2 (Jaguar). I had no trouble downloading or installing the client updater (5.0.540). The Workgroup updater (5.0.238) was a different story. After multiple attempts over several days that stalled "Waiting for Data" I finally got the complete download, but it unstuffed as a MS Word file. In fact, it opened the Word program as it unstuffed, but there was no Word file, just the open program.

There was no README or other documentation that came with the file, and other than the reference to a "driver" updater by another poster in this thread, I haven't found anything that may explain this mystery. The first level at Dantz Tech Support was clueless, and apparently had never heard of such a thing happening before. They had no recommendation other than to post the issue here.

After the Workgroup updater was unstuffed, I checked the "Get Info" for the Retrospect program, and saw that the application had magically become version "5.0.236" (even though the file name on the website and on the downloaded file was "5.0.238"). I'm guessing that somehow Retrospect got updated, even though it was open at the time of the download, & I was not prompted to Quit, Restart, or Reboot. I am also guessing that the version number difference is a typo. But I am baffled about the MSWord file. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've tried to run a script that backs up every night. I've been working at this for nearly a week, and no matter what settings I try, Retrospect simply will not launch at 10:00 P.M. while I'm home. I've checked and re-checked the script. I've asked Retrospect to verify it, and it says it's ready; so I quit from Retrospect. But when I launch Retrospect the next morning, it immediately begins a countdown to execute the script that should have run the night before. What am I missing?!?

Archived