LaCie 24x10x40 U2&I2 Compatibility

I have the subject CD-RW device using firewire connection and Retrospect Express 4.3 running on a Mac Powerbook OS 9.0.4. Following Backup>Really Execute? I get the message "Sorry no disc storage device found." In Storage Devices window I get the message "No Back-up devices found." In the Devices Status window I get the following: 1: vendor: TEAC; Product: CD W524E; Version: 1.0B; Driver: .sdapStubDrvr. Checked on Web site re: compatibility of subject CD-RW device. Couldn't decipher various LaCie product numbers vs., subject device product name. Please advise whether device is compatible? If so, what to to do? If not, what to do? Thanks ............. Roger

This drive is not yet supported for use with Retrospect. For a list of currently qualified LaCie U&I devices, please see:

Hardware Search Enginecolor=blue>

and use the search term LaCie U&I.

Dantz goes through a rigorous qualification process with every drive we test. This means that not every drive will be qualified and we can never guarantee that a particular device will be supported. Some drives do not get qualified ever, and some take 6 months to a year to get support. We have no way of telling if this drive will be supported or not at this moment.

We add device support often though, so do check back with our Hardware Compatibility list.

Archived