W2K Server won't restart or shutdown

pineaur

After installing Retrospect 6 on a W2K SP3 server, I can no longer shut down / restart the server. I am left with a black screen w/ a blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner. A hard reset is required.

Anybody else have this problem?

Randy

Does the problem go away if you uninstall Retrospect?

Was this an upgrade from an eariler version of Retrospect?

When was the system updated to SP3, in relation to when Retrospect 6.0 was installed? Were they both installed at the same time?

Works fine if I remove Retrospect. W2K SP3 was put on after Retrospect - but I put it on to see if it would help the restart/shutdown problem.

This was not an upgrade ... fresh install on a reasonably new server.

Thanks, Amy ...

I have not put Retrospect back on because my client likes the idea that the server restarts each evening.

I have the same problem. Brand new SBS2000, Win2KSP3 and ExchSrvrSP3 were installed before Retrospect v6 single server. First time I shut down after Retrospect install, the server hung on a blank screen after going through all the motions of a normal shutdown. Same result every time I shutdown now.

Dantz????

Thank you for the update! We'd like to do some further investigating into this issue. Can you provide a copy/paste from your System Summary page (Accessories > System Tools > System Information). This would provide us with detailed information on your configuration, which is essential in the testing process.

Amy

Forum Admin

Archived