Retro Workgroup running in background?

Hi-

I have Retrospect Workgroup 5 running on a Mac OS X Server 10.2.1. Is there a way in which to run Retrospect in the background... as a service... so that I can log all users off of the server console? In testing, Retro will not load up / execute if my admin user is logged out. All other services on this machine run properly in the background.

thanks!

-P

In reply to:

Is there a way in which to run Retrospect in the background... as a service... so that I can log all users off of the server console? In testing, Retro will not load up / execute if my admin user is logged out.

This version of Retrospect is a carbon application, desigend to work the same in both OS 9 and OS X. As such, Retrospect 5.0 is a GUI application and not a unix daemon. Hopefully in the future Dantz will make an OS X only version that seperates the process from the configuration application.

As for auto launch, when Apple released OS X 10.2 Dantz released a statement that Retrospect would not auto-launch on the new version of Mac OS X. They have promised an update.

Dave

Archived