Client Backup

ellisf

I have a small 3PC network and my main Machine is a Win98 SE machine which is running Retrospect 6.0 Proffessional. I have 2 machines which I loaded the client software on, one a 98SE and the other client a WIN XP Home Edition. I have no problem backing up the main machine it is the clients trhat I am having trouble with. I see the clients on my main machine as I have added the client machines. Here is the Problem.

On the 98 Client the server machine sees all the files there is to back up but when it completes the back up there are hundres of files not backed up and the have an error 1116 can not access network volume how do I deal with this?

On the XP client I select to back up the C drive on the XP machine and it only finds like 60 Meg worth of Files and there is probably about 5 Gig. Also when it backs up that 60Meg it comes up with some error 1017on some of the files. How do I deal with that.

In reply to:

The Clients and only the Clients show up in My Network Places

You are accessing these clients via Windows Networking, and not via the Retrospect client software. Log the clients in under Configure > Clients and back them up as clients, rather then mounted volumes. This will resolve the error messages. See Chapter 6 in your User's Guide for more information on backing up client machines.

I figure that out and done so. Here is what I have come up with now. First off the live network would not find my XP notebook which is hooked to the network via wireless network card which has its entry point on a router. Yet if I do a test and enter its IP address it shows up. Live network did find my 98 Client and it appears to want to work but after progressing along for a while I get an error 519 network communication failed. But yet if I try to access the network through network neighborhood the connection is still there.

Archived