says responding and not installed at the same time

I backup about 20 computers and have been having a problem with one. It is a network backup and shows as responding in the client list but when I click to configure or run script I get the error 541 "client not installed or not running". I just backed up this computer two days ago and all was fine. Confusing that its responding but not running at the same time. Thanks for any help.

The specs...

Retrospect 6.1.230

on iMac OS 10.6.6

the client is ..

Retro. Client 6.2.234

on iMac OS 10.6.6

The specs...

Retrospect 6.1.230

on iMac OS 10.6.6

the client is ..

Retro. Client 6.2.234

on iMac OS 10.6.6

That may be your problem, as Retrospect 6 is unsupported on OS 10.6.

That being said, once a client is "responding," Retrospect 6 doesn't change its status in the client list until you quit and relaunch the app.

How were you connected to this client? Multicast, subnet broadcast, or via a direct IP/DNS/WINS address?

If you open the Retrospect Client on this machine, what status is displayed? Does the IP address displayed in System Preferences/Network match the address shown in the Get Info window for that client on the backup computer?

When running on a supported OS, the error message you're seeing indicates that Retrospect was originally connected to the client at a particular address, but that either the client software is now turned off, or that some other device, one not running Retrospect Client, has been assigned the IP address formerly held by the client computer.

Quitting and relaunching the Retrospect app, or rebooting the client computer and/or the backup computer may get things working again.

If you do intend to continue running Retrospect 6 on 10.6, I would strongly recommend (a) that you not back up any system files, and (B) that you test and confirm that you are able to successfully restore files from your backups.