recreate catalog creates wrong snapshots

dmchesley

Hi,

My C: drive failed. So I tried to recreate my catalogs on a reformatted drive. After 16 hours the newest snapshot found was 6 months old even though the newest .rdb file on the backup drive is 2 days old. How can I recreate the latest snapshots?

Even more disturbing is that the C: drive is not included in any of the snapshots that it did find. I do incremental backups nightly and check logs frequently. Other than an occasional hiccup nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

I'm also curious why Retrospect doesn't just backup the catalog on the backup drive in a draggable form at the end of a session so I could just drag it back to a regular drive and use it for the restore, thus avoiding this 16-hour recreation process.

Finally, the Restore Wizard screen that shows progress during the recreation process is totally useless in that the progress bar goes immediately to 100%, the Remaining files stays at 0, and the Time Remaining stays at 00:00:00.

It would be useful to show some real info, like a date range for the snapshots, and a list of drives included in the snapshot.

Ret 7.6 Win XP Pro SP3

TIA

Duncan