6.1.230 Won't see or restore file

I have 6.1.230 running on an MDD DP G4 with OS X 10.4.11. I use it to back up the computer to an external 1TB hard drive. I am trying to restore a single VirtualPC 7 file, a 5GB file called "Windows XP Home". No matter what I do it will not let me select the file! I do a search on "Windows XP Home" and it can't find the file. It I try and select the file manually Retrospect won't let me click on the right-arrow/triangle next to "Users" folder so I can navigate down to, and select, this file! Any suggestions here?

Also, a couple months ago I tried to use 6.1.230 to restore a CD backup set that was created with an earlier version of Retrospect, but it keeps saying it can't read that format disk or some similar message...what good is "backup" software if a new version of Retrospect can't read a disk create with an earlier version??

Jeff

oh, and when I try and "Mark files for Restore..." the left column where it lists all folders on a volume (I guess) the text is SO tiny I can't even read it! All you see are tiny black (folder?) and gray (files?) lines....you can't even read them to see what you are clicking on!

But somehow I was just able to look inside the Users folder....but now everything in the folder has a check mark next to it! eeeeeee

Been trying to restore this file all afternoon...

Well, I finally restored the VirtualPC file called "Windows XP Home"...BUT Retrospect did not restore it correctly and in the "restore to" folder I don't have one file, but 76 files...

StartMenu.plist

BaseDrive.vhd

Configuration.plist

MainPackageFile-1

MainPackageFile

...And 71 "icon" files with names like "icon_0D012B9A.icns"

Why did Retrospect so that? And not restore the file correctly? These appear to un-usable by VirtualPC...

Jeff

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...