Retrospect 8.1 Xserve backup to NAS errors

ranj

Hi

I am running 8.1 (626) as 8.2 is causing kernel panic on the server.

I am having a few problems using the copy function in Retrospect to copy all the contents of the RAID over to 2 seperate NAS destinations. One is configured to use AFP and the other to use NFS. The AFP is a freenas box and the NFS share is connected to a overland SNAP server.

I having problems doing backups to these destinations. I have tested that if I use a external drive connected via Firewire it seems to be fine.

Does anyone know how best I can create a replica of the XRAID on NAS boxes. We used to use these NAS boxes to keep backups of Retrospect catalogs which I used to use the backup function of retrospect but having previous bad experience trying to restore from a backup and getting the need media message I thought I would try the copy function instead.

The errors I get in the logs are the following:

On email:

From Retrospect: Script "MonWedFri AppleNas" failed during automatic execution, error -1017 ( insufficient permissions). Please launch Retrospect and check the log for details.

Script: MonWedFri AppleNas

Date: 11/29/2010

Script "MonWedFri AppleNas" incomplete

When I look at the logs I get a lot of

Scanning incomplete, error -1101 (file directory not found)

I have also seen

MAP error: unknown MAC error 45.

Can anyone help?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Same problem here.

We are running Retrospect 8.2.0 (399) on an Xserve (Early 2009) with Mac OS X Server 10.6.8 (10K549) and an internal Apple RAID Card managing a RAID 5 volume made of the three Xserve's 1 TB SATA hard drives.

We created a Retrospect script to copy ("overwrite entire volume") a folder of the RAID 5 volume to an AFP volume on a QNAP TS-659 NAS (firmware version 3.6.1 Build 0302T).

The script DOES copy a large amount of data to the destination folder but I suspect it misses some files because the script's log is full of these errors:

MapError: unknown Mac error 45

Anyone know what this error means and how to fix it?

Thank you Daniels,

this is indeed the response the Retrospect Support Team gave me, too.

I understand that it is fine to ignore these alerts but it's nevertheless a bit disappointing because script executions that output these messages are still marked with the red X error icon in the Activities pane.

We always told our clients to look for error icons in the Activities pane to figure out if something is going wrong and now we'd have to tell them to dive into the script log instead.

Are there at least any confirms that this issue has been resolved in Retrospect 9?