Restarting archival backup task? (Interrupted)

I've been working for a couple of weeks to complete a full backup to DVD. I was just a few disks short of that (after 71 DVDs so far) when the task was interrupted.

Now, I'm trying to restart that process to complete the backup, but Retrospect 8 keeps trying to start OVER and back up the whole 320+ GB of data instead of picking up where it left off.

What do I need to to do "remind" Retrospect and continue that task?

T.J.,

You'd do better to get help for your question if you posted in the Retrospect 8 forum because you seem to be using some unknown version of Retrospect 8. This forum is for versions of Retrospect prior to Retrospect 8. From the forum description:

Desktop, Workgroup and Server for Mac OS X

For general discussions on Retrospect Desktop, Workgroup and Server for Macintosh. [color:red]Pre-8.0 versions.[/color]

Here is the link to the Retrospect 8 forum:

Retrospect 8 for Macintosh

When you repost, it would be useful to indicate the specific version of Retrospect 8 (8.x.x) that you are using as well as your environment (underlying Mac type, and Mac OS version).

Just as a guess, are you indicating that the "restart" is the same media set as the interrupted task? What does the media set show as its contents?

but Retrospect 8 keeps trying to start OVER and back up the whole 320+ GB of data instead of picking up where it left off.

Are you sure that Retrospect is trying to start over? It does have to rescan the entire source first, and then do a matching phase against the media set. If you use the backup assistant, what does the Preview show is going to be backed up? Admittedly, the preview process is terrible in Retrospect 8. Needs much work.

Just some thoughts for when you repost so that we can try to help.

Russ