Hi,

Using Retrospect 8.2.0 (399). Unlimited clients, one server. Hardware is a Mac Mini running 10.5.8

When I went in and set up back up scrips, I wanted to change the back up/schedule time for each script. I have found that a few of the scripts allowed me to change the default back up time (seems to be either 10:00 pm or 11:00 pm).

I could set the time at 7:00 pm or 8:00 pm.

A few of the clients we need to have set to back up in the afternoon and no matter how many times I try to change the back up time to say 2:00 pm or 3:00 pm, the time goes back to 10:00 pm.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Would this be a bug in the latest version of Retrospect? Searching the forms, no other posts seem to discuss this issue.

Thank you for your help,

Troy

However to answer your question you can not schedule scripts to run before the current time on the current date. If what to use a time previous to the current time you need to choose a date in the future. For example if it is 8:00 am on Wednesday Retrospect will not allow to schedule a script to run at 7:00 AM unless I start the script on Thursday.

• 2 months later...

Mine won't work either. It's 8.20 (399) Multi Server Unlimited so I assume this is the right forum.

I have tried numerous times to schedule a script for 2:00 AM three days in the future. At 2:45 this afternoon, I cannot enter any time before 2:45 PM and no time after 11:00 PM EVEN though I'm starting it three days from now.

Smells wrong to me...

Mine won't work either. It's 8.20 (399) Multi Server Unlimited so I assume this is the right forum.

Nope. Here's this forum's description:

Desktop, Workgroup and Server for Mac OS X

For general discussions on Retrospect Desktop, Workgroup and Server for Macintosh. [color:red]Pre-8.0 versions.[/color]

The Retrospect 8 forum link is here:

Retrospect 8 for Macintosh

I have tried numerous times to schedule a script for 2:00 AM three days in the future. At 2:45 this afternoon, I cannot enter any time before 2:45 PM and no time after 11:00 PM EVEN though I'm starting it three days from now.

I suggest, when you repost in the Retrospect 8 forum, that you include a screen shot so that we can take a look at how the scheduling is being done.

Russ

• 2 months later...