NEED HELP w. First Access Password Amnesia

dvdramproblem

Hello,

Sorry for reposting this here, but the other forum seems not to be read by too many people..

I need to make a client running on Linux Mint remember the first access password between reboots.

A check with "/usr/local/dantz/client/rcl status" returns "Retrospect client is not running". But "/usr/local/dantz/client/rcl start" exists in my "/etc/rc.local" file (last line before "exit 0", not commented out).

Runing that command manually returns "First access password not set, use retroclient -setpass".

After setting the password, backup works fine, but after every reboot it needs to be set again. The password had been set during install as well as manually several times. I tried a short one with only 9 letters (no numbers, umlauts, etc) -- no luck.

A run of "/usr/local/dantz/client/rpm-post-install.sh" didn't fix it either.

Retrospect client is v 7.6.100, runs on Linux Mint 9, Kernel 2.6.32-23-generic, GNOME 2.30.2

Now I am lost as to what to do to make this password stick. Being new to Linux, I might just overlook something very basic?

Thanks for reading,

d