8.2 Settings uncertainty

swalker

From this image it appears that retrospect has a problem reading its own settings. I had never used smart tags anywhere, but they started showing up selected this morning. RetroScreenShot.jpg

When I tried to expand the first of the two Tags in the image, the console crashed. On relaunching it, fortunately the Smart Tags selections had disappeared.

The problem I have experienced in the past might be a consequence of the settings being read incorrectly, and then, when I edit some other setting, the misinterpreted one also gets saved.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a clean installation of Retrospect redoing the scripts from scratch, adding all the clients, etc. I can now confirm that 8.2 still edits its own settings. When I looked at them this morning two of the scripts were changed. The script which backed up a server is now backing up ordinary PCs instead, and nothing has backed up the server for a week. My proactive backup script now is backing up nothing.

So its time to ask again when are the settings going to be separated from the event logging so that my settings will stay put?