Media Set Locked as Busy and Cannot Delete

rogue

I am running Retrospect 8.2 for Mac. I had had some issues backing up and found out one of my media sets is locked as busy and will not delete. I have forced quit the application, restarted, and went into the catalog source in /Library/Application Support/Retrospect/Catalog and deleted the .rbc file and its still set as busy. I have tried to remove it via the remove button and it will not delete.

How can I delete this media set???

Do you have an activity/script set to use the media set (groom/backup, etc?) That will mark the media set "busy".

You said you "quit the application" -- but not that you "stopped the engine" before moving the catalog file.

Normally, if you stop the engine, move the catalog file and restart the engine, any script that would be running will error out because it can't find the catalog file, then you could stop the script and edit things accordingly.

No I don't have a script using that media set. I created a whole new media set and moved the script to it.

Re:"Normally, if you stop the engine, move the catalog file and restart the engine, any script that would be running will error out because it can't find the catalog file, then you could stop the script and edit things accordingly."

How do you do this??

• 4 months later...