Version 7.6 multi server has lost everything

I'm running 7.6 multi server on a Win2008 R2 server. Applied some MS updates yesterday morning, and after reboot, Retrospect asked for the serial number. Once entered, everything was gone. Back up sets, scripts, proactive, clients. Everything. And it asks for the serial number on every program launch. Nothing is preserving.

I have back ups of the C: drive of this server, so what has broken? What do I need to restore to get things back where they belong? I have been trying to find an answer on the retrospect site, but either I'm searching wrong, or there isn't anything there. Anyone got the magic answer?

Michael R. Harvey

Senior Systems Technician

Ventura County Star

(805) 437-0434

www.venturacountystar.com

"Grab a seat with a view, and hang on, because just like Jonah and the whale, we're going in."

You need to restore your configuration files. I can not remember exactly where they are kept on Windows. Restoring these files should bring everything back. The files you are looking for are named config75.dat and config75.bak

When you find them you may want to check your permissions on their directory.

No luck yet. I am only finding config75 files, but I'm running 7.6. On server 2008, there is no all users directory, but there is a Program Data folder on the C: drive. That's where i am finding the Config75 files. Could there be another location where Config76 files might be stored?

Before replacing the files make sure to stop all Retrospect services such as Retrorun.exe and any others pertaining to Retrospect and re-start them after replacing the files. If this still does not work you can always try uninstalling and reinstalling and then before the first launch place the config files in the appropriate location.