Using Proactive with other scripts.

Hi all

Running Retrospect 8.2 server on Mac OSX 10.6.4. I'm backing up roughly 30 mostly Mac clients and the Snow Leopard server itself.

The users are all on laptops. They spend 90% of their time in the office so I have a weekly backup for each user - each user gets backed up once a week. I have scripts scheduled for each day of the week to catch a fifth of the office each day.

The server gets backed up nightly.

On occasions when a user misses his/her backup slot in the backup schedule, I'd like to create a Proactive script so Retrospect will detect when the user is back in the office and will back him/her up.

I created a Proactive script to backup machines that haven't been backed up for 8 days - this should catch people who miss their backup slot but are in the office on the next day.

My problem is that my script only seems to be detecting people who have not been backed up alt all *using that script*.

In other words, my Proactive script doesn't care whether a user was backed up yesterday using the (for example) Tuesday script - it backs them up anyway.

I want my Proactive script to only backup users who have not been backed up *at all* for 8 days, but this doesn't seem to be happening. It only seem to be backing up users who have not not been backed up for 8 days using the Proactive script, rather than backing up users who have not been backed up at all.

If I were to let this Proactive script run, it would back everyone up every 8 days regardless of their backup status on the daily scripts.

Anyway - if someone has a solution to this, or if you can see where I'm going wrong or misunderstanding something, that would be great.

Thanks!

James