excluding source folders

Snoopcity

To elaborate: I can exclude specific folders if I run an immediate backup, but I can't find a way to do the same with a scripted backup. Can Express do this? Just a hint would be helpful: point me to the correct tutorial so that I don't have to wade through hours of tutorials from the beginning. Thanks.

• 2 years later...

To elaborate: I can exclude specific folders if I run an immediate backup, but I can't find a way to do the same with a scripted backup. Can Express do this? Just a hint would be helpful: point me to the correct tutorial so that I don't have to wade through hours of tutorials from the beginning. Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem. When using the backup Wizard, there is an option to manually select the Folders/Files. But the moment you click on schedule that option is removed and you are presented with a setlist of types of files to backup.

But correct me if im worng: In that scenario, if one were to add a new folder to C, you would have to remember to manually add it in teh backup right?

Another scenario:

My Documents folder contains two folders that I want to exclude. If I do as you suggest, I have to be vigilant to manually add new subfolders that may be created in My Documents, while if I select the My Documents folder itself new folders automatically get added.