Retrospect 6.1 error -24160

I am running retrospect 6.1 on a G5 mac and archiving off of NFS server mounts and after an archive completed, I went to spot check the data with a restore, only to get this error:

"Sorry, restore preparation failed, error -24160 (catalog is invalid/damaged)."

I threw out the catalog and restarted from scratch only to get the same error message after another trouble free archive to tape.

Any ideas?

Your post would seem to imply you are archiving to a new backup set; is that correct?

Have you ever been able to perform this archiving operation successfully in the past?

What happens if you define a subvolume on the source volume and use this subvolume as a source for archiving?

While you are at it, perhaps you could give us more info about your setup, including OS version, exact Retrospect version and any installed RDUs, what kind of tape drive, how it's connected to the backup computer, and exactly where the backup set catalog is being stored.

Your post would seem to imply you are archiving to a new backup set; is that correct?

Correct.

Have you ever been able to perform this archiving operation successfully in the past?

This was a completely new backup of a project. Typically we back up a given project as a new catalog once it's completed and remove it from our servers. We have done this several times from our main server, but this is the first attempt off a new server partition.

What happens if you define a subvolume on the source volume and use this subvolume as a source for archiving?

Haven't tried that yet, but will give it a shot.

While you are at it, perhaps you could give us more info about your setup, including OS version, exact Retrospect version and any installed RDUs, what kind of tape drive, how it's connected to the backup computer, and exactly where the backup set catalog is being stored.

Retrosepct 6.1.230

MAC OS 10.5.8

Not sure what an RDU is, but if it's a retrospect driver update, none that I'm aware of.

Quantum Ultrium 3 LTO

Backup set is being stored on a server -not locally.

I am currently attempting to archive from our other retrospect set up (same specs as above), but this time creating the back up on the mac's hard drive.

I also attempted to repair the back up catalog by rebuilding from the tapes I had made, but due to a restore being needed, I had to cancel. Will try again soon.

Edited by Guest