Server goes to sleep while backup running

I'm running Retrospect 6.1.230 server on an older G4, running 10.4.11. I have been trying to reduce my energy consumption, and so would not like to leave this machine running all the time. I set Energy Saver schedule to wake the machine up before my Retrospect backups are supposed to start, and to sleep after 15 min of inactivity. Unfortunately, the machine doesn't consider the backups as "activity", and so it goes to sleep in the middle of the backup.

I've read on the forums that one way around this might be scripting - is there any other way? If not, does anyone have pointers to how to do this via scripting?

Thanks...

Thanks for the response - yeah, that's the problem.

The scripting solution seems like it might work - basically I just need to get a notification from Retrospect that all of its scheduled backups are done, and then I can use that event to make the Mac go back to sleep. I just need pointers on *how* to do this via scripting though, I'm a newbie at Applescript/Automator....

Edited by Guest