8.2 E-mail notifications

OK, restarted server and re-entered the settings for email. Now when clicking the Send Test Email button, the software hangs and gives the beach ball and app becomes unresponsive. Nothing in logs about email going out, which it finally did, as a test. Will see the next couple days if it reports like it should on failures and media and successful events.

Hi forum folks.

+1 for email from Retrospect 8.2 not working, and GUI crashing for "test email" button...

Specs are Mac Pro tower, XRAID (fibre channel), IBM LTO3 autoloader (SCSI), Mac OS X 10.6, Retrospect 8.2 -> no emails sent from Retrospect. *sigh*.

So, I tried the "send test email" function, and it gets hung-up too. But does send the email strangely enough.

I didn't have authentication turned on in the preferences, for sending email (don't need authentication on our internal network), but Retrospect seems happier with it enabled. My scripts are sending emails again now... But the 'send test email' button is still problematic.

Retro GUI does appear to stall (requiring force quit) when doing the test email, which is a bit disconcerting.

Cheers,

D.

OK tested this some more and found that the settings for the Outgoing mail server need to be set with a fully qualified domain name, the IP address won't work.

Also the requires authentication needs to be turned on and user should be entered in the form of domain\user.

The Test button definitely has some error to it since it locks up the app any time it is used.

We need the email feature to be included in the Logs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Send Test E-mail sends but hangs for me as well.

Have tried adding authentication (did not have it with previous version) and still does not send notifications.

Since updating to version 8.2 for Mac, the E-mail preferences do not hold. The Send Test E-mail works, but when we open the Preferences again, the E-mail fields are empty. We have trashed the 2 config files (Config80.bak and Config80.dat), and have rebuilt all of our scripts - twice now.

We have repaired Permissions from Disk Utility as well.