Retrospect Crashes

I am having a problem with one of my servers in that when it gets backed up at eth end when it creates the catalogue Retrospect crashes. I have reinstalled the client, Recreated the backup sets, created a new catalogue, new script and I am now out of ideas. The error is "assertion failure at tmemory.cpp-382" log at assert_log.utx

Please help.

I once had that problem too. After trying just about everything I could think of I deleted the script that was running the backup that made it crash and recreated the script from scratch, along with a new backup set too and the problem went away. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but the problem didn't come back.

I am running 7.6.123 multiserver with driver update/hotfix 7.6.2.101 and I mostly back up Mac clients, but a few windows clients too.

• 1 month later...

Same here.. I have two servers running 2 executions at the same time.. Both are running essentially the same scripts.. One is 7.6 the other 7.7. The 7.7 refuses to run 2 executions with any consistency and repeatedly crashes with various assert errors etc.

The same server running 7.6 before the upgrade was fine. the other server is still on 7.6 mainly because if I upgrade to 7.7 , Im GOING to get shouted at when (note not IF) it crashes.

Honestly, I have lost confidence in Retrospect in our setup.

While I respect thet Roxio are getting their feet under the table so to speak, this NEEDS to be fixed sooner rather than later.

Pete

Oh and yes,.. I have tried everything suggested by both Tech support and the comments in the forum.

I even saved the old script folder, re-wrote the simplest ones I could and then ran the two executions, and within 12 hours, 7,7 was down .

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to chime in. I too have experienced these same issues since 7.7 came out. I have plenty of free space on C: more than 15GB for each execution unit and is it still crashes. When I run only two execution units it might run for a day or two or even a week but eventually crashes. When I run any more than two execution units it crashes overnight everytime.

I am on 32-bin Win 2003 Std. Are any of you running 64-bit? Does it alleviate the issue at all? I read older posts related to 7.6 saying this problem went away on 64-bit installs.