Express 7.6, Iomega eGo, Vista and Activity monitor

agould

Almost every time I try to run Retrospect, either manually or from a saved script, Activity Monitor starts. However it displays no information.

I have found one long thread in the SBS forum and have tried renaming retromonitor.exe. All that happens is that when I try to run Retrospect it creates a new retromonitor.exe.

It didn't use to do this and is exceptionally frustrating. If I check the backup files I see Retrospect is creating an incremental backup but I have no idea of any errors etc because I can't get into the program!

Please advise

In Vista the OS forces Retrospect to run in a separate session than what you can see, if Retrospect has to auto launch. In this case it sounds like the program is not closing after a backup is done, you want to go into Task Manager, processes tab and look for Retrospect.exe(you may have to click on a button that says show all processes). Kill the Retrospect.exe process and you will be able to launch the program.

Thanks Andrew I'll try that next time. Of course I have just launched Retrospect now without problem! I can see from the log now that the backup did run properly yesterday. Unfortunately the Activity Monitor showed no activity at all, which is confusing.

Your help is much appreciated.