plextor 48-24-48A top speed 35mb/min?

sonic_debris

Retrospect loads it's own drivers to write to any supported CD-R drive. These drivers are written to work as efficiently and reliably as possible with the drive. There is no way to adjust the write speed, short of turning compression on or off.

Note that Retrospect writes in packet mode and will write data at the highest speed possible for your device. In some cases the firmware of a device will prevent Retrospect from writing data (in packet mode) at the normal designated write speed. This is true for the Panasonic CW-7503, Panasonic CW-7586, QPS Que! Fire 16x10x40 (TEAC) and a few other drives.

If you are having slow write speeds, it could be related to any of the following: client speed, network slowdowns, speed of the host, device communication, device firmware limitation or device problems. With a little troubleshooting you should be able to isolate the problem.

I tracked the problem down to those crappy VIA 4 in 1 drivers for my motherboard. Loading the newest versions now allows me to burn at 220mb/min... much better!

Now the next quest is figuring out if you can burn more than 640mb to a disk. Will retrospect automatically adjust to a 700mb disk, or is it only capible of 640 megs?

Archived