New Install -- No Backups Run

The same licensing information language is given on the Data Sheet for the product:

Retrospect 8 Data Sheet

I guess you just overlooked that key information.

But not specified on more readily accessible release notes and system requirements on the web site, and even not on the actual product disc in my possession. How many levels must I dig to obtain the accurate product description when attempting to confirm the specifics of OS and hardware?

True, the *wording* of the brief product descriptions may be construed as assuming the 3-user version ONLY works on a desktop OS... but when one reviews system requirements, that's a much more logical place to find OS and hardware compatibility details.

and I think we are past that point on this case because your problem is solved.

I agree. However, my problem would have been avoided by something as simple as a section in the "System Requirements" that differentiated the difference between the desktop and server console/engine license requirements... as it's become clear I'm not the first to encounter this type of issue.

However, my problem would have been avoided by something as simple as a section in the "System Requirements" that differentiated the difference between the desktop and server console/engine license requirements... as it's become clear I'm not the first to encounter this type of issue.

I'm sure that all of this will be fixed now that the Retrospect group has been acquired by Roxio / Sonic Solutions. We can hope.

Russ