Retrospect 6.1 and ATTO UL4D

Hi,

I'm using

Mac G5

OSX 10.5.8

Atto UL4D PCIX card

Sony AIT4 machine

I have recently upgraded from a G4 to G5 and purchased and installed Retrospect 8. Only then did I find out that Backup sets from version 6 are incompatible, so installed Retrospect 6.1 on the G5.

When using Retrospect 8 on the G5, the Sony AIT machine is recognized through the Atto and visible in the devices menu. When using Retrospect 6.1 on the G5, the Sony AIT machine is not visible and I can't work out why. I have tried downloading the latest drivers and firmware but that doesn't work.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

M

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm using

Mac G5

OSX 10.5.8

Atto UL4D PCIX card

Sony AIT4 machine

so installed Retrospect 6.1 on the G5.

What version of Retrospect 6.1? (6.1.x)

Did you install the Retrospect Driver Update ("RDU") for Retrospect 6.1.x? The RDU version and Retrospect 6.1.x version will print in the Retrospect log each time Retrospect launches.

When using Retrospect 8 on the G5, the Sony AIT machine is recognized through the Atto and visible in the devices menu. When using Retrospect 6.1 on the G5, the Sony AIT machine is not visible and I can't work out why.

Did you turn the Retrospect 8.x engine off when you try to run Retrospect 6.1.x? If you don't, then Retrospect 8.1 will have grabbed the devices.

While you can INSTALL Retrospect 8.x and Retrospect 6.1.x on the same computer, you can't have them both running at the same time because they compete for devices (and for the Retrospect networking port, if you have Retrospect clients). Retrospect 8.x engine is always running unless you disable it.

Russ